Since 1958, the Fort Saskatchewan Music Festival has worked to promote and foster the musical achievements of persons in our community. The Festival features student performers living within the City of Fort Saskatchewan and surrounding areas.
The focus of our committee is to provide students and school groups performing in art disciplines such as piano, choir, vocal, guitar, violin, speech arts, musical theatre, instrumental, band, handbells and SO much more the opportunity to develop their music and artistic ability through adjudication by a professional industry musician or artist.
- Enhances musical and artistic skills, self confidence and performance abilities.
- Fosters positive life skills, due to the advance preparation and discipline required.
- Enhances camaraderie between musicians and artists from different backgrounds who share a common interest.
- Develops and instills confidence within their craft.
- Provides an opportunity to learn from a professional musician or artist.
Students and groups who achieve top standing for their musical or artistic performance are presented with a monetary award sponsored by individuals or companies and will be asked to perform at our GALA.
The Fort Saskatchewan Music Festival is a member of the Alberta Music Festival Association (AMFA). For more information about AMFA, you can visit their webpage www.albertamusicfestival.org
Our Festival is entirely donor funded. Donations go towards the rental of facilities, adjudication fees, technicians, printing of programs, and some administrative costs.
Our festival is held at various locations within Fort Saskatchewan and our Gala concert is held in the Shell Theatre at the Dow Centennial Centre.